Cooking for climate change
The Wilderness Society’s latest campaign, What’s it Worth, is inviting Aussies to host a dinner party this weekend to help fight climate change.
All we need to do is get some friends together for a home cooked meal using nature friendly, locally sourced (preferably seasonal) ingredients.
Our guests will then be asked to donate what they think their meal is really worth to a fundraising page. Their donation will help The Wilderness Society protect nature and fight climate change now so our children – and their children – don’t pay for it later.
What’s it Worth host checklist
- Pick or host an event this weekend
- Invite your guests
- Choose your menu using seasonal produce (we have some recipe ideas here)
- Plan your event activities
- Source your ingredients (check to see if there’s a farmers’ market near you)
- Fill in and print out your choice of host kit items
Wilderness Society campaigns
From the river systems of the north, the old growth forests of the south, woodlands of the west and the sparkling oceans that surround our country, The Wilderness Society protects our amazing wild places and ecosystems. Current campaigns include:
- Updating our national environment laws to support a healthy, functioning 21st Century Australia
- Protection of Great Australian Bight from deep water oil exploration
- Creation of the Great Forest National Park
- Stopping the mass erosion, biodiversity loss and carbon emissions caused by current levels of broad scale land clearing in NSW and WA
- Working towards a national ban on coal seam gas fracking
For further information on their latest campaigns, visit www.wilderness.org.au