Canberra Food & Wine Expo, Feb 17-19
The annual Food and Wine Expo, which kicks off today in Canberra, is a three-day roving extravaganza dedicated to quality produce, celebrity chefs, food and wine, cheese, cocktails and everything gourmet.
Spice Queens live cooking demonstrations
The 2016 My Kitchen Rules Champions Tasia and Gracia Seger, also known as the “Spice Queens”, specialise in Asian food, especially when cooking their heritage of Indonesian cuisine. They will be sharing their tasty secrets with live demonstrations on stage each day and, with only 40 seats available for each session, we recommend you get there early!
6-course degustation with MasterChef’s Ben Milbourne
MasterChef 2012 contestant, Logie nominee and Channel 10 TV host, Ben Milbourne has produced two successful cookbooks – Mexican Craving and Tasmanian Trail. Ben will not only be sharing his culinary skills on stage at the Food & Wine Expo but will also host a succulent 6-course degustation feast (each paired with a matching wine). Here’s the menu to tempt your taste buds:
- Selection of breads and oils served with a Taltarni Brut 2012
- Beef tartare served with a Taltarni Pinot Noir Rose 2015
- Cold smoked salmon served with summer vegetables, persian feta, almonds and jus; and a Taltarni Blanc De Pyrenees 2015
- Lamb shoulder served with macadamia cream, braised barley, pickles, roasted grapes and truffle crumb; a Taltarni Estate Shiraz Old Block 2015
- Berries in a blizzard includes curd, coconut and white chocolate snow, fluid gel, meringue and cheese cake, and is served with a Taltarni Cordon Cut Sauvignon Blanc 2013
- Gourmet chees selection served tea/coffee on request
There are only 38 seats available for each session, $95 per person and bookings are required. You can tickets purchase online here.
Canberra Food & Wine Expo
Canberra National Convention Centre
Friday 17th February, open 11am-8pm
Saturday 18th February, open 10am-6pm
Sunday 19th February, open 10am-5pm