3 simple ways to get your bliss fix
Noun – perfect happiness; great joy.
Verb – to reach a state of perfect happiness, oblivious of everything else.
While a state of complete and utter happiness can be hard to attain and even harder to maintain, here are three simple ways to get your daily bliss fix.
Make your own Bliss Balls
A healthy snack kids actually love; Bliss Balls are really quick to make and just as easy to devour! While there are numerous variations of this popular snack, ingredients typically include nuts, dates and coconut.
This recipe from Sarah Wilson’s popular food blog I Quit Sugar offers a nutritional take on the recipe, which is just as delicious but has fewer calories.
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2⁄3 cups nut butter (cashew or almond work well)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Place nuts and oats in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. The mix should be slightly chunky to help hold the balls together.
- Place nut and oat mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir through the cacao, cinnamon, maca, protein powder and sea salt. Add the nut butter and rice malt syrup.
- Using your hands, rub the ingredients together. The mix should be quite dry and will not stick together. Gradually add in the almond milk, using your hands to work the moisture through the mixture.
- Once mix starts to come together, shape mixture into balls.
- Roll in desiccated coconut and store in an airtight container in the fridge to harden up before serving.
Calm your mind with Blissful Deep Relaxation
Meditation is a discipline that involves mastering the mind and turning your attention inward, usually to focus on a single thought, chant, image or feeling. It’s a practice that has been revered by many cultures for thousands of years, but you don’t need to be religious or spiritual to reap the benefits.
From lowering high blood pressure and increasing energy levels to reducing anxiety and insomnia, meditating just a few minutes each day can have a big impact on your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
Guided meditations like the one above are great for novices because you don’t need to know how to meditate. All you need to do is find a quiet place free of distractions and listen, and you’ll glide effortlessly into the deepest recesses of your subconscious mind. (NB: do not listen to guided mediations while driving vehicles of operating machinery.)
Design your own Bliss bean bag
Made in Australia using the latest technology in vinyl production which includes high tensile, 25 Ply thread for extra durability and strength, Bliss Bean Bags are specifically designed to withstand Australian conditions. Unlike inferior materials that split at the seams and degrade when exposed to the sun, Bliss’ bean bag fabric is protected by Microguard (to inhibit mould and mildew), Barrierguard (so it’s stain and abrasion resistant), a UV guard (tested to Australian standards) and a fire retardant (also tested to Australian standards).